The greatest asset of FMS Bank is the people who work here and the personal service they give to our customers. As a high-quality and service-oriented community bank we’re looking for dynamic, service-driven team members dedicated to fulfilling the financial needs of our customers.
FMS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits and opportunities for career development and advancement. We are committed to personal respect, professionalism, teamwork and a positive, friendly attitude toward colleagues and customers.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Department: Loan)
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for assisting to achieve the bank’s goals by soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of secondary market residential mortgage loans. Other responsibilities include developing deposit relationships with customers by maintaining good customer relations, as well as identifying and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Position Reports to: Mortgage Department Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (The following are the primary duties of this position, but this list is not exhaustive, and additional duties may be assigned as is necessary to meet the needs of visitors, vendors, clients, staff and shareholders.)
- Consistently deliver high-quality internal and external service according to service standard guidelines.
- Conduct sales interactions with clients/potential clients to assist in the selection of various products and services, with the goal of earning 100% of the client’s business.
- Generate and service a variety of mortgage loans that represent the local market.
- Aggressively seek and obtain quality new business through client and prospect calls, referrals, and cross selling efforts.
- Maintain credit quality in the loan portfolio via monitoring of credit files, borrowers’ performance, and past dues.
- Structure and service relationships in accordance with the bank loan policy.
- Provide support to other lenders and loan department staff to achieve bank goals.
- Work within an established Business Development Plan.
- Represent the bank at community events.
- Participate in at least one community organization.
- Obtain, and ensure accuracy, of regulatory and process/procedure documentation.
- Protect all client and bank information, and follow privacy policies.
- Interact with all staff and visitors in a professional, courteous and respectful manner.
- Adhere to bank’s operational compliance and security policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Adhere to secondary market guidelines.
- Quality loan growth.
- Generate non-interest income.
- Maintain control of non-interest expenses.
- Assist in achieving the bank’s objectives.
- Meet and exceed all internal and external service standards.
- Complete and pass all assigned training, by the respective assigned due date.
- Process work accurately, with minimal to no errors, within established timelines.
- Maintain registration as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) through the National Mortgage Loan System (NMLS).
- Minimum 5 years experience in mortgage lending.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Successful experience with computer and software systems.
- Driven to proactively provide excellent service
- Demonstrate innovation/creativity
- Positively influence others
- Problem solving/decision making
- Know the customer market
- Exercise sound business judgment
- Planning and analyzation
- Seek continuous improvement
- Control quality
- Know the products/services, loan servicing and credit analysis
- Maintain technical expertise
- Sales skills
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communicator
- Manage time effectively
- Sense of urgency
- Take initiative
- Strong work commitment
- Build and sustain relationships
- Remain objective
- Critical thinking
- Ability to perform basic math functions and calculations
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change
For information about this and other opportunities, please call us at (970) 867-3319 or mail your resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 1040
Fort Morgan CO 80701-1040