The greatest asset of FMS Bank is the people who work here and the personal service they give to our customers. As a high-quality and service-oriented community bank we’re looking for dynamic, service-driven team members dedicated to fulfilling the financial needs of our customers.
FMS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits and opportunities for career development and advancement. We are committed to personal respect, professionalism, teamwork and a positive, friendly attitude toward colleagues and customers.
Mortgage Loan Officer
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Department: Loan)
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for assisting to achieve the bank’s goals by soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of secondary market residential mortgage loans. Other responsibilities include developing deposit relationships with customers by maintaining good customer relations, as well as identifying and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Position Reports to: Mortgage Department Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (The following are the primary duties of this position, but this list is not exhaustive, and additional duties may be assigned as is necessary to meet the needs of visitors, vendors, clients, staff and shareholders.)
- Consistently deliver high-quality internal and external service according to service standard guidelines.
- Conduct sales interactions with clients/potential clients to assist in the selection of various products and services, with the goal of earning 100% of the client’s business.
- Generate and service a variety of mortgage loans that represent the local market.
- Aggressively seek and obtain quality new business through client and prospect calls, referrals, and cross selling efforts.
- Maintain credit quality in the loan portfolio via monitoring of credit files, borrowers’ performance, and past dues.
- Structure and service relationships in accordance with the bank loan policy.
- Provide support to other lenders and loan department staff to achieve bank goals.
- Work within an established Business Development Plan.
- Represent the bank at community events.
- Participate in at least one community organization.
- Obtain, and ensure accuracy, of regulatory and process/procedure documentation.
- Protect all client and bank information, and follow privacy policies.
- Interact with all staff and visitors in a professional, courteous and respectful manner.
- Adhere to bank’s operational compliance and security policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Adhere to secondary market guidelines.
- Quality loan growth.
- Generate non-interest income.
- Maintain control of non-interest expenses.
- Assist in achieving the bank’s objectives.
- Meet and exceed all internal and external service standards.
- Complete and pass all assigned training, by the respective assigned due date.
- Process work accurately, with minimal to no errors, within established timelines.
- Maintain registration as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) through the National Mortgage Loan System (NMLS).
- Minimum 5 years experience in mortgage lending.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Successful experience with computer and software systems.
- Driven to proactively provide excellent service
- Demonstrate innovation/creativity
- Positively influence others
- Problem solving/decision making
- Know the customer market
- Exercise sound business judgment
- Planning and analyzation
- Seek continuous improvement
- Control quality
- Know the products/services, loan servicing and credit analysis
- Maintain technical expertise
- Sales skills
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communicator
- Manage time effectively
- Sense of urgency
- Take initiative
- Strong work commitment
- Build and sustain relationships
- Remain objective
- Critical thinking
- Ability to perform basic math functions and calculations
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change
For information about this and other opportunities, please call us at (970) 867-3319 or mail your resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 1040
Fort Morgan CO 80701-1040
ROLE: Staff Accountant
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Bank’s fiscal recordkeeping system by utilizing generally accepted accounting principles, adhering to tax law and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank, and assists in attaining the established goals of the Bank. As well, this position assists the CFO in all aspects of dealing with officers, employees, and clients, which may include, but is not limited to, providing reports, minutes, agendas, correspondence scheduling and communications between senior management, directors, officers, employees, and regulatory agencies.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Weight – Function
- 10% – Handles all accounts payable functions, including dealing with vendors and writing checks.
- 10% – Responsible for all accrual and prepaid entries.
- 10% – Maintains the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules on the Fixed Asset System software for general journal entries; ensures proper recording of new purchases. Coordinates the annual physical inventory for all branches. Prepares quarterly roll forwards.
- 10% – Prepares and provides month and quarter end reports for financial reporting as assigned.
- 10% – Reconciles Federal Home Loan Bank and other correspondent bank accounts as needed.
- 10% – Manages day-to-day accounting functions of the Bank. Accurately balances GL accounts.
- 5% – Files and remits funds to the State on unclaimed property. Handles customer inquiries. Keeps current with any unclaimed property rules and regulations.
- 5% – Files reports for personal property taxes with various counties. Files periodic reports with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- 5% – Assists in preparation of quarterly call report.
- 5% – Reconciles Investment Portfolio monthly.
- 5% – Prepares quarterly FR2900 report.
- 5% – Assists supervisor with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end activities.
- 5% – Monitors and prepares submissions to the Colorado Division of Regulatory Agencies per the Public Deposit Protection Act (PDPA).
- N/A – Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- N/A – Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Four to seven years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
FMS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
For information about this and other opportunities, please email Tracey Mendoza at TMendoza@fmsbank.com